Warm summer Sundays in Colorado would often find my father and me on Grand Mesa, casting a line into one of the many small lakes.
- Abelian Group Theory and Related Topics!
- The Amazing Adventures of Dietgirl.
- 'An Entirely Synthetic Fish': rainbow trout, ecological bully.
- Statistical Analysis of Extreme Values: with Applications to Insurance, Finance, Hydrology and Other Fields!
- Living the Brand: How to Transform Every Member of Your Organization Into a Brand Champion?
We'd be fishing for rainbow trout. When I was a kid, I loved hanging out on the bank and watching the fish sway back and forth on the stringer—slick, speckled prisms, flashing in the sun. They were also delicious.
An Entirely Synthetic Fish: How Rainbow Trout Beguiled America and Overran the World
Boney, sure, but tasty none-the-less. They were best cooked on an open fire during a camping trip, but I still enjoyed eating them at home. The memory of the flavor is strong. What I couldn't have known then and I doubt many know now , is how strange it is to have rainbow trout on top of a mesa in Colorado.
- AS BIG AS A DALLAS COWBOY.
- The Adirondack Cookbook.
- Environmental Outlook: Freshwater Fish;
June 28, In stock online. Not available in stores.
Click OK to close the Options popup. Refresh your browser page to run scripts and reload content. It is supposed to air May 1. Post a Comment. On Saturday, I hiked up into a rocky gorge with my fly rod, casting in every deep pool I could reach.
Cosmopolitan Trout: The 1883 Fisheries Exhibition and the Global Expansion of Fish Culture
As with many difficult-to-access streams, the trout were small but hit my attractor flies ferociously--a perfect way to spend a sunny February day. The trout were obviously rainbows but looked unlike any I had caught previously: They were dark--almost black--with a bright orange-tipped dorsal fin.
Beautiful fish. But what were they?
Native trout adapted to the volcanic streambed? Hatchery fish stock from afar? Newer Post Older Post Home.